Spain. What do you think of? The tapas, or the fiestas? The La Tomatina Festival or the Flamenco? But did you think of the beaches? Or the quaint little fishing towns which are perfectly placed everywhere? Even if you did, or if you didn’t, this blog post will be great for you. Who knows, it may even inspire a small trip to one of the seaside towns featured in this post… read and find out!
Of course, it would be nearly impossible to include all of the towns but I shall just include my personal favourites, enjoy!
- The Costa Brava Coast (Catalonia) boasts plenty of gorgeous resorts, so it would be unreasonable to not include more than one so I have to mention Begur and of course Calella de Palafrugell. If visiting Calella de Palafrugell, remember to explore the little cove of Cala el Golfet.
- Interested in Mallorca? Check out Deia, and be sure to try out some of their local delicacies.
- The La Tomatina Festival occurs annually at the end of August in a small town called Buñol (Valencia), however a small seaside resort nearby named El Saler, situated close to Valencia, is highly recommended. It also boasts plenty of sand dunes, perfect for the little ones.
- The Bay or Biscay also withholds San Sebastián. If visiting, be sure to visit the Playa de la Concha and the Playa de Ondarreta.
- Tossa de Mar is another Spanish Gem, again situated on the Catalonian Coast, and this historic fishing village is full of history and has plenty of life. The ancient castle is also well worth a visit.
- Another fishing village is Nerja, and again is perfect for any budding photographers and is full of history, culture and of course the traditional Spanish beauty.
- Or are you looking for a larger, more city like town ? Would Malaga tick the boxes?
- Another large city is Barcelona, which as well as being on the coast, is famous for the art and architecture, especially from the artist Gaudi and the popular Sagrada Familai Church.
Of course, the list could go on.
Have you been to any of these places, are there now, or are planning to go in the future? Have I missed out a place which you believe should definitely feature? Just comment below!